The AAUW Tar Heel branch formed in the fall of 2008 to provide the benefits of an AAUW community to those in North Carolina who wanted more than an at-large membership in the national organization, but did not choose to join any of the community-based branches. (If you haven’t yet explored the community-based branch option, please use the locate branch by zip code to find the nearest branch.)
In addition to the national benefits, branch membership includes:
- Access to advocacy information about what’s going on in Raleigh, not just DC
- Opportunity to support AAUW NC mini-grants and to apply for those grants
- Opportunity to support AAUW NC’s coalition partners
- All AAUW NC publications
- Information from nearby community-based branches on special events and projects
- Connection to members interested in gender equity from across the state.
AAUW annual dues are $67, AAUW NC dues are $11.00, and the Tar Heel Branch dues are $5.00 ($83 total). The legacy branch dues year is July 1 to June 30, and we are now collecting dues for 2022-2023, but if you join later in the year, your membership will run for twelve months.
If you are ready to join, please complete this two-step online process:
STEP 1: Complete the online information form.
STEP 2: The branch charges $0 for
- current student affiliates and all undergraduates at AAUW college/university partner institutions (who are eligible to become eStudent Affiliates)
- official representatives of AAUW college/university member institutions in NC, and
- 50-year (honorary life) members of AAUW
(so you have just one step).
IF $0 DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU
Click the appropriate link below to be transferred to PayPal.com to pay online with a credit card or PayPal account. In some cases, you may also join with a payment at www.aauw.org. If you prefer to send a check, make it payable to “AAUW Tar Heel Branch” and send it to our contact address.
If you are eligible for a discount that you do not see listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NEW MEMBERS OF AAUW – one year membership
CURRENT AAUW NATIONAL-Only MEMBERS
- If you have already paid dues to AAUW at the national level but are not a member of a branch anywhere, please contact email@example.com. We will have to check to see how your current national expiration date affects what you pay.
- $5.00 – if you are a member of another AAUW branch in North Carolina (local dues only).
- $16.00 — if you are a member of a branch in another state and have not yet paid AAUW NC dues.
- $0 – for undergraduates
- $16.00 – for graduate students (state and local dues)
at other campuses
- $18.81* – for students working on a first associate or baccalaureate degree
- $34.81* – for graduate students
IF YOU WANT TO DO MORE
If you’d like to make a donation to the branch, use this button.
If you pay your dues at the same time, we’ll take any extra and apply it to the branch projects and expenses. [Our primary expenses are spreading the word about this innovative structure, but we have accumulated funds we can use to support local programming.] If you’d like any of your donation to be forwarded to AAUW Funds, make a note on the PayPal form, or send specifics to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course, donations directly to AAUW are also strongly encouraged.
*Dues and fees that include payments to AAUW are partially tax deductible:
- $64 of the $83,
- $26.50 of the $45, and
- $16.81 of the $18.81 or $34.81
are considered contributions to AAUW, a 501(c)(3) organization as of July 1, 2009. Payments to the AAUW Action Fund, AAUW NC, and to the branch are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, but may be considered professional expenses.