AAUW dues are $67, AAUW NC dues are $11.00, and the Tar Heel Branch dues are $5.00 ($83 total). The legacy branch dues year is July 1 to June 30, and we are now collecting dues for 2022-2023.
The branch charges $0 for current representatives of college/university partner institutions in NC (whose dues are paid by the institution), undergraduates who are e-student affiliates at those institutions, and 50-year members of AAUW – just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want to renew.
If you do owe dues, you have three choices on how to renew:
1. RENEW online at my.aauw.org
In early 2022, AAUW updated their membership database. You are encouraged to login to your account at my.aauw.org, go to “My Affiliations” and renew there. If you run into any trouble with that system, please contact email@example.com and we may be able to help. We can, at worst, email you an invoice that you can pay by check or online.
Simply click the link corresponding to the amount you owe to be transferred to PayPal where you can pay with a PayPal account or a credit card:
- $83.00* – (national, state and branch)
- $5.00 – (branch only) if you pay AAUW and AAUW NC dues through another branch
- $16.00 – (branch and state) if you have paid AAUW dues (as a life member or through another branch), but this is your first branch in North Carolina
- $18.81* – (national) for students working on a first associate or baccalaureate degree unless you are at an AAUW College/University partner campus in which case you owe $0. [Please tell us if you’ve graduated – you’re eligible for a membership upgrade and national dues are waived for the first year.]
- $34.81* – for graduate students unless you are at an AAUW College/University partner campus in which case you owe $16.00
3. or RENEW by check
Of course, if you choose to pay by check you can make it payable to “AAUW Tar Heel Branch” and mail it to the treasurer’s contact address.
IF YOU WANT TO DO MORE
You may also include a donation. If you send a check, just tell us how you want it allocated (either to the branch, to AAUW NC, or to one of the AAUW funds).
If you’d like to make an online donation to the branch, use this button.
If you haven’t already paid your dues, we’ll deduct the amount you owe for that from your donation and take any extra to apply to the branch projects and expenses. If you’d like any of your donation to be forwarded to AAUW Funds, make a note on the PayPal form, or send specifics to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course, donations directly to AAUW are also strongly encouraged.
*Dues and fees that include payments to AAUW are partially tax deductible: $59 of the $75 and $16.81 of the $18.81 or 34.81 are considered contributions to AAUW, a 501(c)(3) organization as of July 1, 2009. Payments to AAUW NC and to the branch are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, but may be considered professional expenses.