YOU ARE INVITED – SAVE THE DATE
What: Hors d’ oeuvres and wine
When: Friday, September 25, 2009– 5-7 p.m.
Where: Home of branch member, Burlington, NC
This is strictly a social get-together for a couple of hours for anyone who can join us. Her home in Twin Lakes is less then ten minutes from Exit 140 off I-40. I hope many of you will join us. Bring a prospective member with you.
In September a reminder will be sent which will include directions and RSVP instructions. Dress is casual. We’re keeping it simple, and hope you will join us.
REPORT ON AAUW CONVENTION IN ST. LOUIS
As you may have heard by now, the St. Louis convention was energizing, inspiring, and surprising. Click here for a brief report on what happened.
REPORT ON AAUW NC MEETING IN HENDERSONVILLE
The AAUW NC meeting in Hendersonville provided information on two important aspects of AAUW programming: work on projects to engage girls in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and the new training project to help college women get the best possible salary in their first job. There was also a discussion on how the AAUW NC public policy priorities fit with the national priorities and how they are developed. Click here to learn more about the summer meeting.
These links are for further information on our complex organization. Click the ones that fit your interest and time. You can find all of these in the NEWS section on the branch website http://tarheel.aauwnc.org or http://aauwnc.org.
- Welcome to new members — find out who has joined us in May and June
- Branch status — some statistics on how this new branch model is doing as we finish our first year
- Branch financial report (draft) — how are we doing financially? List of 2008-2009 donors. [If you’d like to volunteer to review this report, please contact Doris or Nancy.]
AAUW NC Notes
- New map showing info on the branches (07/26/09) [There are technical difficulties with this, but when it works, it shows an icon for each community-based branch. We hope this will replace the map in our brochure.]
- New ways of communicating (07/16/09) – AAUW NC is using twitter to post updates. Learn more.
- Message from AAUW President Garfein (07/16/09) – This video message introduces you to the new chief volunteer at AAUW.
- Branch/State officer listing (07/07/09) – Did you know AAUW NC maintains public information on contacting all the branches: www.aauwnc.org/contacts/branches/
- New clause in AAUW Public Policy Program (06/28/09)
- New AAUW Bylaws (06/28/09)
- Healthy Youth Act ratified! (06/26/09) – See also the AAUW NC public policy summary for updates on other bills
This newsletter was distributed through the branch e-mail list, and an archived copy can be found there, too. The e-mail edition is more complete since it contains some member phone numbers and direct e-mail addresses.