The Tar Heel branch 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 boards met in a joint session on Monday, May 10 at the home of Mary Fran Schickedantz in Greensboro. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss goals for the branch.
Goals set for the next year include:
- Double membership from 56 to 112 (recruiting resources)
- Raise $1000 in contributions to AAUW Funds from branch members. [1/1/2009 – 12/31/2009 total was $476. See AAUW NC report.]
- Have five members attending and reporting on five different Women’s Agenda Assemblies (see www.ncwu.org)
- Have at least 10 members attending the 2011 Women’s Advocacy Day (see www.ncwu.org)
- Recruit at least one member from each community-based branch in NC (reasons why they might join)
- Set up a closed Facebook group to add to the number of ways members can connect with each other. [Reminder: You can get the branch roster at http://www.aauw.org’s “Member Services Database.” Find step-by-step login information at www.aauw.org.]
Meeting these goals will take energy and creativity from members who aren’t on the board. If you’d like to be part of a new e-mail list, “email@example.com”, please contact Doris.