Branch Director-at-Large Roberta Madden, who assumed responsibility for branch public policy efforts last fall, gives this report on the branch public policy efforts:
- Our goal was to have at least 5 members participate in Women’s Agenda Assemblies across the state. We did have 5 participating.
- Branch members who have yet to document their participation are encouraged to do so in the comments on this post.
- See information from NC Women United on the process.
- Another goal was to have at least 10 members participate in Women’s Advocacy Day in Raleigh. We had at least 12, and probably several more, participating.
- If you participated, feel free to add comments to this post with a picture of Lilly Ledbetter and branch members.
- Finally, a goal was to send regular public policy updates to our branch members. As of the date I assumed the post of Public Policy Director (around October 1), I sent out at least 24 of these updates (about one a week).
- If you missed those, be sure you are subscribed to the branch e-mail list.