We are proud of
- 77% renewal rate by the July 1 deadline,
- 75% increase in the number of members since November, and
- 85% growth in the number of primary members since the branch was chartered.
- As of June 30, 20 of the 26 members who joined for 08-09 have renewed, 4 have resigned and 2 are pending.
- The resignations include two men who were given gift memberships and two dual members from out of state.
- The renewals include two members who switched their AAUW primary affiliation to this branch.
- We now have 42 members (counting the two pending) and 24 of them are connected to AAUW primarily through this branch. The 18 others belong to community-based branches as their primary connection – 12 of the 21 other branches in NC and one in PA.
- 25 were AAUW branch members when joining this branch. Seven of them have transferred their primary membership to the Tar Heel Branch.
- 7 were at-large AAUW members
- 5 more were lapsed members
- 5 are new AAUW members
- Map of AAUW NC Branches and Tar Heel Branch Members (as of June 20 with 31 members).
- The branch charter was approved on November 19, 2008, with 24 charter members, 13 for whom this was their primary branch, 11 who were also connected to a community-based branch.
We are now collecting dues for 2009-2010. Branch dues are $5. AAUW and AAUW NC are $49 and $11 respectively, for a total of $65 for members joining through this branch.